By V.K. Kool
Read Online or Download Perspectives on Nonviolence (Recent Research in Psychology) PDF
Similar violence in society books
Responding on to the occasions of September eleven, 2001, a great interdisciplinary workforce of teachers, clinicians, and activists from around the globe united to supply this transparent exploration of terrorism. individuals, together with Pulitzer Prize-winner Dr. John E. Mack, current an important variety of terror-related elements during this very important multivolume set.
From the background of country terrorism in Latin the USA, to nation- and group-perpetrated plunder and genocide in Africa, to battle and armed conflicts within the center East, militarization--the heightened position of prepared aggression in society--continues to painfully form the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals around the globe.
This ebook argues that it's witnesses who're the pursuits of terrorism and that the query of whose witnessing counts, and which tales are the main valid, is of significant value for figuring out the meanings and effects of up to date terrorism.
The expansionist jap empire annexed the inhabited archipelago of Palau in 1914. The airbase outfitted on Peleliu Island turned a aim for assault through the USA in global battle II. The conflict over Peleliu: Islander, jap, and American thoughts of struggle deals an ethnographic learn of ways Palau and Peleliu have been remodeled by way of warring nice powers and extra explores how their clash is remembered otherwise by way of the 3 peoples who shared that have.
- Hate Crime: Impact, Causes and Responses
- Movements of Political Protest in Canada 1640-1840 (Heritage)
- Contentious Identities: Ethnic, Religious and National Conflicts in Today's World (Framing 21st Century Social Issues)
- Hate Crime in the Media: A History (Crime, Media, and Popular Culture)
- Darwin and International Relations: On the Evolutionary Origins of War and Ethnic Conflict
- International Conflict in the Asia-Pacific: Patterns, Consequences and Management (Routledge Global Security Studies)
Extra info for Perspectives on Nonviolence (Recent Research in Psychology)