By Richard Gray
- Presents the 1st specific interrogation of U.S. writing in a time of difficulty
- Develops a well timed and provocative arguement approximately literature and trauma
- Relates U.S. writing on the grounds that Sep 11 to the most important social and historic adjustments within the U.S. and in different places
- Places U.S. writing within the context of the reworked place of the U.S. in an international characterised by means of political, financial, and armed forces difficulty; transnational flow; the resurgence of spiritual fundamentalism; and the obvious triumph of world capitalism
Read or Download After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11 PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Laurence Coupe bargains scholars a finished assessment of the advance of fantasy, exhibiting how mythic subject matters, constructions and emblems persist in literature and leisure at the present time. This introductory volume:illustrates the relation among fable, tradition and literature with discussions of poetry, fiction, movie and renowned songexplores makes use of made from the time period ‘myth’ in the fields of literary feedback, anthropology, cultural reviews, feminism, Marxism and psychoanalysisdiscusses the organization among modernism, postmodernism, fantasy and historyfamiliarizes the reader with subject matters corresponding to the death god, the hunt for the Grail, the relation among ‘chaos’ and ‘cosmos’, and the imaginative and prescient of the top of timedemonstrates the growing to be significance of the fairway measurement of delusion.
Maria Graham's tale is as extraordinary as her paintings, and this biography not just narrates her lifestyles but in addition delves into the illustration she made up of herself in her released and unpublished journals, diaries, memoirs, and letters. the results of her endeavours is a literary character that looks a ways faraway from the debatable lady that she truly was once.
A Lie of Reinvention is a reaction to Manning Marable’s biography of Malcolm X, a lifetime of Reinvention. Marable’s e-book used to be controversially acclaimed through a few as his magna opus. even as, it used to be denounced and debated via others as a valueless learn choked with conjecture, blunders, and with none new actual content material.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Eavesdropping in the Novel from Austen to Proust (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Interdisciplinarity (The New Critical Idiom)
- Dragons in the Land of the Condor: Writing Tusán in Peru
- Race, Immigration, and American Identity in the Fiction of Salman Rushdie, Ralph Ellison, and William Faulkner (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- The Values of Literary Studies: Critical Institutions, Scholarly Agendas
Extra info for After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11